Skin So Soft Bath Oil - Better Buy?
Math is Everywhere Series - Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil - Which is the Better Buy?
Skin So Soft … need I say more? It’s a household name like Oprah. Everyone knows what or who you are talking about. Skin So Soft is one of Avon’s most recognizable personal care products; and now, I know why, the moisturizing bath oil was created the same year I was born, 1961! So, students, that means Skin So Soft and Mrs. Mackie are how old? We both get better with age, and the bath oil is infused with Jojoba oil and a fresh herbal scent. Today, the popular line includes a variety of body lotions, shower gels, washes, and seasonal creams.
Skin So Soft Math Encounters:
• Adding, subtracting, multiply, dividing with decimals
• Find the better buy … unit cost
Note – The prices mentioned are for math exercise purposes only and can change at any time. Visit my Avon store for current prices and current special offers.
Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil Math Questions
The Avon Brochure once showed the following sizes:
Bonus size – 25 fl. oz. - $30; often special offers occur such as “2 for $34”
Regular size 16.9 fl. oz., 500 ml - $24; often special offers occur such as “2 for $24”
1. How many more ounces are in the bonus size than the regular size?
2. How many cups of bath oil are in each bottle of Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil? Round to the nearest hundredth.
3. If you purchased 2 regular size Skin So Soft Bath Oils, how many cups would you enjoy for the price of one? Round to the nearest whole number.
4. Rebecca wants to buy two bottles, but she isn’t sure which pair is the better buy. Do the math and prove to Rebecca which size of Skin So Soft Original Bath Oil is the better buy.
1. Remember to line up the decimals. 25.00 – 16.9 = 8.1 ounces
2. There are 8 ounces in a cup. Bonus size: 25 / 8 = 3.125 which rounds to
Regular size: 16.9 / 8 = 2.1125 which rounds to 2.11 cups.
3. 2.1125 x 2=4.225 which rounds to 4 cups.
4. Bonus size: $34 / 50 ounces = 0.68 (The 50 comes from two 25 ounces bottles.)
Regular size: $24 / 33.8 = .71
The better buy is the Bonus size plus 50 ounces will last longer with all of these benefits:
• Luxury bath oil leaves skin feeling amazingly soft
• Smoothes dry skin without irritation
• Contains jojoba oil
• Fresh herbal scent
Also, there are deals and discounts to be found on Avon’s SSS by shopping the gift and value sets, sales and specials, as well as the limited editions which include bubble bath, body lotions, shower gels, and body washes with wonderful scents such as cucumber, sensual, pomegranate, and more.
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2019 by Beverly Mackie. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Beverly Mackie. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Beverly Mackie for details.